Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day

The Art
of Love

Well it is that time of the year again, and while the holiday is not as celebrated here as in the United States, you can still feel a certain buzz in the air. Or maybe it is just in my own head.

It is difficult spending the day of love literally an ocean away from my sweetheart. And not just any ocean, but the biggest one of all. However, at the same time I am welling with happiness and excitement, because while she is not with me now she will be in only 8 days. I am so excited. This blue eyed boy is about ready to jump out of his skin in anticipation [TOP: A blue eyed frog about to jump out of his skin].

In her absence I decided to pull together a little art project for my someone special. It is just some random photos with a little special meaning [BELOW: A series of random photos from my travels].


Happy Valentine's Day to all my friends and family. I hope you all have a great day, and get to spend it with someone special. I sure wish I could be right now.

As always,
-Russ

2 comments:

Kala said...

Hey you,

Thanks for the V-day gift and wishes. I love the pictures. oh and by the way I really liked you last post to. I think the middle of the outback sounds outstanding.

Kisses, Kala

MamaMartincic said...

Hello Mr. Russell Keck!

This is Christine Rillera here, checking out your blog... back here in the mild mannered US (which is what it feels like compared to your incredible trip that you have so amazingly documented on your website!)

I cannot tell you how incredibly excited I am just reading your blog!

I was inspired to visit because once you sent out the first e-mail before you left introducing the trip and the blog, I bragged to all my friends and anyone who listened that I know you and how envious (in a great way!) I was of the thought of taking a year to travel the world. Ryan Kreitzburg came up to Spokane to visit and we were reminiscing, so I thought of you and the excitement you must be having, and lo' and behold here you are keeping up an incredible blog with INCREDIBLE pictures. I have to admit I was pretty overwhelmed very quickly to read every entry, but very happily scanned through the rest of the pictures.

THANK YOU!!! for doing such a great job with the blog, and sharing your experience with those of us that currently just dream of travel! I am so excited to travel someday soon myself! :)

God Bless and stay safe, and keeping rockin', looks like you've got a great gal cheering you on as well. :)

Christine